STUDENTS’ SCIENCE CONFERENCE RULES AND REGULATIONS
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS:
1. Student’s Science Conference 2019, hereinafter the Conference, will take place from 18 to 21 September 2019 in Hotel Perła in Oleśnica, as set out in a previously announced schedule. The opening of the Conference will take place at the Wrocław University of Science and Technology.
2. The Conference is organized by the Wrocław University of Science and Technology, hereinafter the Organizer.
3. All Participants of the Conference are expected to know and obey the Rules and Regulations.
5. The Rules and Regulations are to be respected by all persons present at the Conference venue. Each Participant agrees to comply with the provisions of Rules and Regulations and with the requests of the Organizer or persons authorized by the Organizer.
6. The 17th SSC is co-funded by the Wrocław University of Science and Technology.
7. The purpose of the event is to connect people from around the world, with different passions and academic interests, and to create a space for them to share and discuss the results of their research.
II. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
1. A Participant may be a student or a PhD candidate in the first or zero year of their programme. Every Participant is to be registered individually. Every Participant shall receive an identity card and a schedule of events they can attend.
2. All Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
3. All Participants are obligated to abide by the requests of the Organizer or the persons authorized by the Organizer.
4. The Organizer does not provide insurance.
5. Devastation of signs and information tables, advertisements, and equipment being the property of the Wrocław University of Science and Technology is strictly prohibited.
6. Attendance will be taken during all activities held as part of the Conference. No more than two absences are allowed for the activities the Participant signed up for.
7. It is strictly prohibited to block or obstruct exits and emergency routes, rescue service access routes, and hydrants, as well as other appliances necessary in case of emergency or fire during the event.
8. The Participant agrees to take full responsibility for any damage caused by the Participant or persons under their guardianship and may be charged with legal and financial responsibility.
9. If the Participant causes any damage, they are obligated to cover the damages described in an Incident Report drawn by the Organizer. In case of deliberate damage, the Participant is immediately excluded from participation in the event once the Incident Report has been drawn, in compliance with aforementioned rules.
10. The Organizer will notify the Police in case a person posing immediate danger to health, life or property is identified at the Conference venue.
11. In case of non-compliance with any of the provisions of the Rules and Regulations and any disturbance to the public order the Organizer reserves the right to exclude the Participant from the Conference.
12. Cancellation in case of expected absence is possible at most 2 weeks after the transfer of the registration fee. In case of cancellation more than 2 weeks after the registration fee payment, the Organizer may assist in finding a substitute Participant. The Organizer reserves the right to a non-refundable fee policy.
13. All commercial activities without the Organizer’s authorization are prohibited.
14. The prerequisite for participation in the Conference is a filled out registration form at www.ssc.pwr.edu.pl and make the payment of the registration fee to the Wrocław University of Science and Technology Student Affairs Department account due 2 weeks before the Conference. The payment should be made only after receiving an email from the Organizer.
15. In case of failure to make the payment, the Participant will be automatically removed from the list of Participants.
16. The Conference fees may be found on the Conference website or on the registration form. The fee includes only the items enumerated in the Fees section of the website.
17. The Conference fee does not cover any travel expenses.
18. The fees have been set depending on the date of payment in accordance with the information included on the Conference website.
19. In case of any contingencies because of which the Participant is not able to pay the Conference fee on time, the Participant is obligated to inform the coordinators about their circumstances via e-mail.
20. If the deadline for applications should be extended, such information will appear on the website and other social media.
1. During the Conference, Participants are covered by accident insurance provided by the Organizer. Other forms of insurance are voluntary and independent of the Organizer. The organizer does not take responsibility for events not covered by accident insurance.
2. The Participants are obligated to behave in a way that is respectful of the safety of others, and are expected to abide by the restrictions of:
3. A Participant may be denied entry or be asked to leave the Conference venue if he or she:
4. Persons who were denied admission to the event or were removed from the event are not entitled to any refunds of the Conference fee.
5. In case of dangerous situations, a Participant is expected to leave the venue of the Conference and comply with the instructions of the Organizer or emergency services.
6. In case of fire or other situations dangerous to the other Participants or their property, a Participant is obligated to immediately inform the Organizer of the situation.
7. If the Organizer decides that the health or lives of the Participants are in danger, the event can be finished early.
8. If the Organizer chooses to restrict a special area, for instance for the technical service and their equipment, entry by unauthorized persons, such as the Participants, is prohibited.
IV. CALL FOR PAPERS:
1. Deadlines for paper submission are posted on the Conference website https://www.ssc.pwr.edu.pl.
2. The main author of the paper must be a student or a PhD candidate in the first year of their programme (at the day of the registration).
3. In case a multi-author paper is presented, the presenter is obligated to submit a list of co-authors and to sign a statement of the estimated contribution percentage.
4. The Participant is required to submit a scan of a signed statement attached to the Rules and Regulations.
5. The Participant makes the payment within the deadline set at Conference website to the bank account number:
Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego 27, 50-370 Wrocław
6. In case of Participant resignation from the Event, deposited payment is not returned. It is possible to delegate a replacement in the form of a co-author of the prepared paper who will deliver it.
7. One person can be the main author of only one paper.
8. Registration takes place only through the Internet Conference System.
9. Each Participant has an individual form through which they should register.
10. Papers should be written according to the guidelines available on the website and sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Papers should have a maximum of six pages and be written only in English.
12. Papers should be composed according with the templates (DOC files) for Papers ([ENG]) and for abstracts ([ENG]).
13. Papers should be sent both in the PDF (*.pdf) and MS Word file (*.doc or *.docx) formats.
14. Abstracts should be also sent in both file formats and according to the available templates.
15. Submission of a paper is associated with transferring the rights to publish and share the paper in printed or electronic form to the Organizer.
16. Payment of the Conference fee is a requirement to participate in the Students’ Science Conference (SSC). The only recognized form of payment is a deposit to the Conference account.
17. The Conference proceedings will contain only those works whose author or at least one of the authors participates in the Conference.
18. Accepted papers will be presented during the thematic sessions.
19. Decisions of the Scientific Committee are final and irrevocable.
V. FINAL PROVISIONS:
1. Registration for participation is considered equal to agreeing to foregoing Rules and Regulations.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the event or a part of it and to change the programme and character of the event for substantial reasons. The Organizer is obligated to inform the Participants about any changes. The Organizer is not obligated to cover any indemnity or compensation.
3. The Organizer ensures safe conduct of the event only if all Participants abide by Rules and Regulations and Polish law. The Organizer will not be held responsible for any consequences of not complying with provisions and statements made by the Organizer and requests of safety services.
4. The Participants are fully responsible for any damage caused at the Conference venue.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to change Rules and Regulations. The Organizer is obligated to inform Participants about any changes in Rules and Regulations.
6. The Organizer reserves the right to change the schedule of the event.
7. By participating in the event, Participants agree to be recorded, photographed, filmed and for their image to be captured in any other way, as well as for their image to be broadcasted, disseminated and displayed for promotional and informational reasons of the Wrocław University of Science and Technology, free of charge. Participants are not entitled to any claims against the Organizer.
8. By taking part in the Conference, a Participant agrees to transfer the copyright of all photos and recordings to the Organizer and for these photos and recordings to be used commercially in case:
9. By submitting an application form the Participant consents to the processing of their personal data by the Organizer under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679, OJ L 119 4.5.2016 p.1-88).
10. The Organizer has the exclusive right to interpret the Rules and Regulations and to resolve disputes and settle matters which are not mentioned in this document.
11. The Organizer is not held accountable in a case of force majeure.
12. The Participants are also obliged to comply with the Hotel’s regulations.
13. In all the cases unmentioned by the Rules and Regulations, Civil Code and the Regulations of the Wrocław University of Science and Technology apply.
14. The Rules and Regulations are available at https://www.ssc.pwr.edu.pl.
15. The Rules and Regulations are in effect over the period from 1.04.2019 until the end of the Event.